61 families enjoyed the last Aspen Family Night as they got to see an animal show put on by Animal Quest. Students were able to see a snake, a skunk, a Madagascar hissing cockroach, a hedgehog, a monitor lizard, and the cutest of all, a floppy-eared bunny. Students loved getting up close and touching some […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 268 entries.
Entries by admin
Our PE classes are all set up and ready to go with the Climbing Unit. Students are being challenged to develop their coordination and balancing skills. Their flexibility and strength is also being tested by climbing and balancing on a variety of different structures. Spotters and safety mats are all in place as students try […]
There is no school on Friday, April 19 in observance of Good Friday. Have a wonderful long weekend. School is back in session on Monday, 4/22.
Believe it or not, the middle of our final trimester of the year is on Tuesday, April 23. Mid term reports will be coming home on May 7.
Fireman Tony, from Countryside Fire Department, will be coming to visit Kindergarten classes on Wednesday, April 24. He will show them the equipment firemen have to wear and talk about fire safety. On the same day, Fireman Tony will visit our 4th grade students and will be bringing along the smoke trailer. The trailer gives […]
Mark your calendars now for the upcoming open house and music program. Tuesday, May 7 will be for Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grades and Thursday, May 9 is for 3rd, 4th & 5th grades. This is an evening you won’t want to miss!
We made it through our first week back from Spring Break! The students did a great job getting back into their daily routine and back to learning. We only have 9 weeks of school left – let’s finish strong!
Please join us for the last Aspen Family Night of this school year on Friday, April 12 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Report cards can now be accessed via the PowerSchool Parent Portal (https://ps.hawthorn73.org/ public/). We did, however, send other information home (test results, flyers, etc.) in the report card envelopes, and we are asking you to please sign the report card envelopes and send them back in to school with your child. Thank you!
The Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) test is now the federally required assessment which is to be administered to all third through eighth grade students this spring. We have begun testing at Aspen and will continue until through April 18. Results will be shared with parents once our 2019-2020 year begins. You can support your […]
- Aspen Updates September 8, 2017September 7, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- Fly Away EventJune 7, 2017 - 3:27 pm
- Olympic Day 2017June 5, 2017 - 4:04 pm
- Girls on the Run Perform at Victory CentreJune 2, 2017 - 1:35 pm
- Aspen 5th Grader, Polina Chaadayeva, Illinois State Rhythmic...May 30, 2017 - 1:02 pm
- Fifth Grade Healthy Lifestyles Graduation CeremonyMay 25, 2017 - 10:50 am
- Aspen Updates, May 26, 2017May 25, 2017 - 8:43 am
- Fourth Graders Support VHGive InitiativeMay 24, 2017 - 7:50 am
- Last family night was a success!April 18, 2019 - 4:14 pm
- Climbing unit begins in PE classesApril 18, 2019 - 4:09 pm
- NO SCHOOL 4/19/19April 18, 2019 - 4:06 pm
- Mid term is here!April 18, 2019 - 4:04 pm
- Fireman Tony visits Kindergarten and 4th gradersApril 18, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Coming soon – Open house and music programApril 18, 2019 - 3:58 pm
- Free Throw Assembly Is Great Fun for EveryoneApril 15, 2019 - 3:05 pm
- Practice Makes PerfectApril 8, 2019 - 4:00 pm