Students came together for an Eagle Chorus rehearsal on September 18 at Aspen Elementary. It was the first practice of the year, and they sounded great. Led by Mrs. Klein, the students practiced several songs including “Bye Bye Blackbird” and “Da Pacem Domine”. They will perform these pieces on November 7 at Middle School South.
Over 35 4th grade students have volunteered to help kindergarten students during the kindergarten lunch period. 4th graders will help kindergarteners get their lunches, open packages, making sure everyone has napkins and utensils, collect trash and assist with lining up at the end of the lunch. To participate, 4th graders have agreed to give up one recess period a week to support kindergarten. Our kindergarteners love to get to know the older students and our 4th graders set a wonderful example of how to maintain SOAR behaviors in the lunchroom. Thank you to all of the 4th graders who have oﬀered to help.
We had our ﬁrst ﬁre drill on Wednesday, and our students did an outstanding job following the evacuation plan. Way to go Aspen!
5th grade band and orchestra small group lessons (during the school day) begin on Monday, September 17. Check the lessons schedule that the band and orchestra teachers have posted on the website to see when your student has their small group lesson during the day. Don’t forget those instruments!
Las clases de banda y orquesta del 5to grado empiezan el lunes, 17 de septiembre (en horario escolar). Revise el itinerario de clases publicado en la página web por los maestros de la banda y la orquesta para corroborar cuando su hijo/a tiene clase de grupo pequeño. ¡No se olvide traer los instrumentos a clase!
We are thrilled to announce the start of the Aspen Chorus. Thanks to the generous offer of time and support from Mrs. Klein, the Middle School South Chorus Teacher, 4th and 5th grade students at Aspen will have the opportunity to participate in chorus. This opportunity is being offered at no cost and will allow students to participate in two concerts. Please read the information included and encourage your 4th and/or 5th grade student to participate. Parent permission forms are due back to Aspen on Friday, September 14th.
Nuevo coro de Aspen
Estamos encantados de anunciar el comienzo del Coro de Aspen. Gracias a la generosa oferta de tiempo y apoyo de la Sra. Klein, la maestra del Coro Sur de la escuela secundaria, los estudiantes de 4to y 5to grado en Aspen tendrán la oportunidad de participar en el coro. Esta oportunidad se ofrece sin costo y permitirá a los estudiantes participar en dos conciertos. Por favor, lea la información incluida y anime a su 4 ° y / o 5 ° grado a participar. Los formularios de permiso de los padres deben devolverse a Aspen el viernes 14 de septiembrMore Info / forms in English and Spanish
Picture day is coming on Tuesday September 18th! Download the informational flyer / order form here.
El día de foto está programado para el martes, 18 de septiembre. Las fotografías individuales se toman en este momento. Las fotos de la clase serán tomadas durante la primavera. Puede llenar un formulario de pedido e incluir su pago o puede pedir y prepagar sus paquetes de fotos en línea visitando el web: edclarkschoolphoto.hhimagehost.com.
Please take a moment and view our curriculum night video here
- Mr. Fredricksen visited each classroom to give a presentation about the new SOAR program, which stands for Safe, On task, Act responsibly, and Respect. All Hawthorn Schools have adopted this program which clearly defines behavioral expectations at school. Our students worked with their teachers to develop the Above the Line Expectations to demonstrate safe, on task, responsible and respectful behaviors. If your child comes home with a SOAR single, it means they were praised for behaving appropriately at school.
- Our 4th graders were given a chance to try out different instruments to see if they would be interested in band or orchestra this year. 4th grade parents – please be aware that there is time sensitive information about band and orchestra in your child’s backpack. More information about band and orchestra will be coming out in the next weeks.
- The first after school full group rehearsal for our 5th graders for band and orchestra will be on Wednesday, September 12. Please be sure students bring their instruments with them on that day.
- Representatives from both the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts were here and visited all students during their lunch hour. Information was given out about how to join their groups.
- Our August birthday students celebrated together along with Mr. Fredricksen at the August
birthday breakfast. September’s birthday breakfast will be held on September 28.
- We have a couple holidays coming up which means there will be no school on those days.
Mark your calendars now – NO SCHOOL on September 10 and September 19.
- Thank you to all families who attended our Curriculum Night and First Family Night Dance. It
was a great success! Everyone had a great time learning about classroom and school expectations as well as dancing to the great music of Personalities, Inc.
Parents – Every student has been given a Bus Responsibility Pledge to read and sign. Parents are asked to read and sign it, too. This is for ALL students – even those that do not take a bus daily, but because there could be occasions when students will be taking a bus for a field trip, it is important for everyone to know and understand the bus rules. Our top priority is keeping our students safe!