Parents of next school year’s incoming kindergartners are invited to come to an information night at Aspen School which will take place on Thursday, January 31 at 7 p.m. in the Aspen cafeteria. There you will learn about how to register your child for kindergarten, what their day will be like, bus information, medical information, and other general information about our school. Our PTO will have information along with the Aspen Family Partnership Council, and scouts and other groups may be represented as well. This is an event for parents only, as students will be given a time to meet their new teacher and see their new classroom sometime in August. If you know of a new family that may have moved into our district that has an incoming kindergartner, please pass this information along.
Walk-in Kindergarten Registration is set for 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26 at Hawthorn Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Parents must bring registration documents outlined on the kindergarten registration page.
Aspen students are part of the online meal prepayment/management system from Meals Plus called Lunch Pre Pay. This a a secure and convenient way to apply funds directly to your student’s meal account using a credit or debit card. Parents can easily check the account balance and review student purchases through a simple-to-use 90 day history report. You may also sign up to receive a low balance email notification.
Families are urged to begin using http://www.LunchPrepay.com. To register for the program you will need to first go online and setup an account for each student. The account requires your child’s student ID number, which each family received in early September. (If you do not have your child’s ID please contact the Aspen Office at 947-990-4300 and they will assist you.) There is no membership fee for Hawthorn parents to use this system, however there is a $1.95 transaction fee to cover bank/credit card processing fees.
Please register today:
Go online to http://www.LunchPrepay.com
Create an account for each student, using your child’s student ID number, which was sent home in early September. If you need further help with an ID please contact the Aspen main office at 847-990-4300.
Prepay for meals using a credit or debit card.
Set a low balance email notification, check 90-day history and more.
- Aspen Updates October 20, 2017October 20, 2017 - 7:39 am
- Connect with HawthornSeptember 11, 2017 - 3:38 pm
- Unconfirmed Report About a Male Approaching StudentsSeptember 8, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Aspen Updates September 8, 2017September 7, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- Aspen Updates September 1, 2017August 31, 2017 - 3:51 pm
- Help Countryside Fire Protection District Win a GrantAugust 31, 2017 - 2:16 pm
- AFPC-Volunteers NeededAugust 30, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- AFPC Family DanceAugust 30, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Nora Friends Shine at Aspen AssemblyMay 21, 2019 - 11:16 am
- PTO School Supplies for 19/20 School YearMay 16, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Thank you, Volunteers!May 16, 2019 - 3:46 pm
- 3rd Grade is Going to the ZooMay 16, 2019 - 3:45 pm
- Band and Orchestra ConcertsMay 16, 2019 - 3:44 pm
- Field Day is Here!May 16, 2019 - 3:40 pm
- Students Design Their Own ShirtsMay 13, 2019 - 11:44 am
- Open House / Music Program InformationMay 9, 2019 - 2:20 pm