Thank you to our wonderful Book Fair volunteers, headed up by Mrs. Burda, Mrs. Pattee and Mrs. Nobile. We appreciate your time and efforts in running our Book Fair. The students LOVED it, and also had a great time participating in our Change Wars fundraiser. The daily winning classrooms for the Change Wars were:
- Friday, February 16 – Nickel Day – Mrs. Zurek’s 3rd grade classroom
- Monday, February 19 – Dime Day – Mrs. Niedbalski’s 3rd grade classroom
- Tuesday, February 20 – Quarter Day – Ms. Wolfson’s 4th grade classroom
- Wednesday, February 21 – Dollar Day – Ms. Wolfson’s 4th grade & Mrs. Swinney’s 2nd grade
- Thursday, February 22 – All Change/Money Day – (at the time of this posting, we were still counting for the daily winner)
The Grand Prize winning classroom will be announced on Monday, February 26.
This fundraiser not only benefits our school, but it also benefits children in need. Every dollar raised equals 1 Scholastic book donated to a children’s charity, and all the money our school raises goes towards books for our classrooms. Thanks for supporting our students in this way!
Our Student Council has planned some special, fun Fridays for the month of March. All students are encouraged to participate in the following Fun Fridays:
Friday, March 2 – Crazy Hair Day
Friday, March 9 – Cowboy Day – students should wear your favorite cowboy hats and clothes (no props, please)
Friday, March 16 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
Friday, March 23 – Sunglasses Day – wear your favorite sunglasses
There is no school for all students on Friday, February 23, due to Parent/Teacher conferences and also on Monday, March 5 in observance of Casimir Pulaski Day. Mark your calendars!
Trimester 2 is Ending!
The end of trimester 2 is coming fast! Friday, March 2 is the last day of trimester 2, which means that report cards will be coming home on Friday, March 16. Let’s finish strong, Aspen!
Summer is coming!
It’s time to start thinking about summer! Registration for the Hawthorn Enrichment Institute began on February 1. Complete information can be found here.