Parents, please don’t forget to sign the report card (mid-term) envelope and send it back to school. The contents inside the envelope are for you to keep!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please send back the Returning Student Form. This form helps us plan more accurately for next year.
Early Release Day
Tuesday, February 13 is an early release day. Students will be dismissed at 11:25 that day, after they have had their lunch. Also, February 19 is a NO SCHOOL Day in observance of President’s Day. And finally, Friday, February 23 is also a NO SCHOOL Day. Parent/Teacher conferences will be taking place that day, as well as incoming Kindergarten registration.
Valentines Day Parties
The PTO-sponsored Valentines Day parties will be taking place in every classroom on Wednesday, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. Our room parents are busy planning plenty of fun and games for the students that day.
The Book Fair is coming! Come and visit the book fair during the Family Night on Friday, February 16. Students will be given a chance to visit the Fair during the day and put a wish list together. Also, we will be doing a fundraiser, All For Books, again this year. This fundraiser not only benefits our school, but it also benefits children in need. Every dollar raised equals 1 Scholastic book donated to a children’s charity, and all the money our school raises goes towards books for our classrooms. The type of fundraiser this year is Change Wars (see below):
- Friday, February 16 – Nickel Day
- Tuesday, February 20 – Dime Day
- Wednesday, February 21 – Quarter Day
- Thursday, February 22 – Dollar Day
- Monday, February 26 – All Change/Money Day
The class that has the most change each day gets a PRIZE! The class that raises the most overall money through the week gets the GRAND PRIZE! Thanks, in advance, for supporting our students in this way!
Friendship Week is taking place next week (February 12th – 16th). Students are encouraged to celebrate by dressing accordingly each day. See below for details:
- Monday, February 12 – Team up with your Friends – wear your favorite team shirts, jersey, or hats.
- Tuesday, February 13 – True Spirit Tuesday – wear school spirit colors (blue and yellow) or school spirit wear clothes.
- Wednesday, February 14 – We Love You Wednesday – Wear red!
- Thursday, February 15 – Track Suit Thursday – Help keep your friends on track – wear sweatpants or workout clothes to school.
- Friday, February 16 – Super Hero Friday – Good friends are true super heroes! Wear superhero t-shirts, capes or hats to school
Class Pictures 2/15
Class pictures will be taking place on Thursday, February 15. Order forms have been sent home. New this year is the ability to pre-order your child’s photo by clicking here.
As a bonus to you, if you preorder online BEFORE picture day, you will receive FREE personalization (just make sure you select it when ordering).