We are off to a great start! Teachers have warmly welcomed their new students to their newly decorated and organized classrooms with open arms. Students have been getting familiar with their new routines and schedules. It’s been a smooth start to the new school year!
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 308 entries.
Entries by admin
Our students did a great job during our first severe weather drill for the school year on Thursday. Teachers went over the procedures and expectations before the drill took place. Fire drills, lock down drills, earthquake drills, and even bus evacuations drills will be taking place throughout the school year. It is our number 1 […]
If you have a 4th grader who is interested in joining either band or orchestra, they will be given a chance to try out different instruments during the school day next week. They can then decide if they want to make the commitment to join either band or orchestra. Also, a parent information night is […]
MAP testing will take place for grades 2-5 on Wednesday, September 4 for reading and then again on Tuesday, September 10 for math. You can help your child by making sure they have had a good night’s rest the night before and a healthy breakfast that morning.
Please mark your calendars now for the Back to School Night and First Aspen Family Night Dance. This great evening will be taking place on Thursday, September 5 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Teachers in grades 1-5 will present an overview of the school year in 2 identical sessions to allow for parents with more than one […]
This year, a fourth and fifth grade classroom at Aspen Elementary School participated in The Nora Project. The Nora Project’s Mission is to teach empathy by sparking friendships between students and their peers with disabilities.
Dear Parents,All Hawthorn elementary students have access to an online math program called Dreambox. We have created a summer math challenge for our students to participate in this summer! Please encourage your child to complete at least 5 lessons independently each week this summer and they will receive a certificate and prize at the beginning of the […]
Some of our 4th & 5th grade students that have been selected by their classmates will be sharing their special talent with us on Friday, May 31 at Aspen’s Got Talent. This favorite annual event will take place at 12:45 in our gym. Students from other grades will be in the audience enjoying the entertainment.
Our wonderful PTO room parents have been busy planning great end of the year parties for all of our students. The students are eagerly awaiting the celebration. Here are the locations and times for each grade level year end parties: Kindergarten – Wednesday, June 5 at 9:25 – on school grounds 1st grade – Thursday, […]
If you haven’t seen one yet, you must take a look at how great the yearbook turned out this year. We still have a few yearbooks left, in case you forgot to order one. Just bring in $20.00 and we will get you a yearbook. First come, first served.
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:59 am
- Donations Needed for Fall Conferences Staff DinnerNovember 13, 2017 - 11:17 am
- Join us For American Education WeekNovember 9, 2017 - 2:34 pm
- Cards for HeroesNovember 9, 2017 - 2:27 pm
- Aspen Updates November 10, 2017November 9, 2017 - 2:09 pm
- PTO Fall Book FairNovember 9, 2017 - 7:51 am
- Family Night A Huge Success!November 7, 2017 - 2:53 pm
- Halloween/FallFest ActivitiesNovember 2, 2017 - 3:10 pm
- Mid Term Reports Go HomeOctober 10, 2019 - 12:20 pm
- Health Deadline Is HereOctober 10, 2019 - 12:05 pm
- Columbus DayOctober 10, 2019 - 12:03 pm
- Fire Safety Poster WinnersOctober 10, 2019 - 11:57 am
- Aspen and Middle School North Flags to Fly in Antarctic...October 8, 2019 - 11:19 am
- Learning About Johnny AppleseedOctober 7, 2019 - 8:13 am
- Time to Trim the GrassOctober 3, 2019 - 2:38 pm
- Fourth Grade After School Band Rehearsal BeginsOctober 3, 2019 - 11:38 am