With Martin Luther King Jr. day just around the corner, first grade students in Mrs. Szoke’s class at Aspen Elementary wrote paragraphs and drew portraits of the civil rights leader.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 610 entries.
Entries by admin
Ms. Foley’s second grade art class at Aspen Elementary learned about Native American blanket patterns. Students enjoyed creating their own colorful designs based on the blanket patterns.
Mark your calendars for the upcoming orchestra concert which will be on Tuesday, December 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Aspen gym. Our band will also be putting on a concert on Wednesday, December 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the Aspen gym. Don’t miss these great evenings. Our students have been working very hard to […]
We will be kicking off the Kids Heart Challenge (formerly Jump Rope for Heart) on Monday, December 16, starting with an assembly. Kids (and parents!) can register at http://www2.heart.org/goto/hawthornaspen to take the challenge. Students will be asked to collect lifesaving donations to fight the nation’s #1 killer, heart disease. Go to Aspen’s fundraising page (http://www2.heart.org/goto/hawthornaspen) […]
Winter break begins on Friday, December 20. School resumes on Monday, January 6. On behalf of all the staff members at Aspen Elementary School, we wish you all a wonderful holiday and a safe and fun-filled break. We are all looking forward to 2020!
Starting Monday, December 16, Aspen students are invited to participate in the Holiday Spirit Countdown. Here is the lineup for the week: Monday, December 16 – Spread Holiday Cheer – Wear your favorite holiday colors to school today (red, green, gold, white, blue, silver, etc.) Tuesday, December 17 – Do You Want to Build a […]
All of our students in each grade level took part in the Be Seen and Heard Assemblies on Thursday, December 12. This program is an effective way to fulfill the Erin’s Law mandate to schools, and helps students learn about how to keep their bodies safe.
We still have a few remaining items on our Giving Tree in the lobby filled with holiday wishes and needs for some of our Aspen families. We would love to clear the tree of all mittens and stars (gift cards) if possible. Thank you to all of you who have already supported our families by […]
Students with birthdays in December will celebrate with Mr. Fredricksen on Thursday, December 19, right before Winter Break. Please call to RSVP to your breakfast choice.
Our school is getting ready to kick-off KIDS HEART CHALLENGE! This service-learning program from the American Heart Association (formerly Jump Rope For Heart) teaches your student how to care for their hearts both physically and emotionally and teaches the importance of giving back by raising lifesaving donations to fight the nation’s #1 killer, heart disease! […]
- Thank youSeptember 5, 2018 - 9:04 am
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Aspen Updates March 21, 2018March 20, 2018 - 2:44 pm
- Apsen Updates March 16, 2018March 15, 2018 - 7:40 am
- Encore Spirit Wear SaleNovember 18, 2020 - 10:45 am
- Community and Families Provide Unprecedented Donations to...November 4, 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 4th Grade Band & Orchestra Orientation Night –...October 8, 2020 - 9:42 am
- Open Enrollment for Optional Student InsuranceSeptember 11, 2020 - 7:55 am
- Meals for FamiliesSeptember 10, 2020 - 7:46 pm
- 5th Grade BAND & ORCHESTRAAugust 31, 2020 - 11:50 am
- Next AFPC Family NightFebruary 27, 2020 - 3:38 pm
- Kindergarten Parent Information Night InformationFebruary 27, 2020 - 3:35 pm