Aspen’s Student Council has put together a schedule of Spirit Fridays from November 8 through the rest of the school year. Each student should have brought home a flyer listing each Spirit Friday date and what the theme for the day is. Listed below is a look at the Spirit Fridays from now through the […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 309 entries.
Entries by admin
We are off to a great start! Teachers have warmly welcomed their new students to their newly decorated and organized classrooms with open arms. Students have been getting familiar with their new routines and schedules. It’s been a smooth start to the new school year!
Our students did a great job during our first severe weather drill for the school year on Thursday. Teachers went over the procedures and expectations before the drill took place. Fire drills, lock down drills, earthquake drills, and even bus evacuations drills will be taking place throughout the school year. It is our number 1 […]
If you have a 4th grader who is interested in joining either band or orchestra, they will be given a chance to try out different instruments during the school day next week. They can then decide if they want to make the commitment to join either band or orchestra. Also, a parent information night is […]
MAP testing will take place for grades 2-5 on Wednesday, September 4 for reading and then again on Tuesday, September 10 for math. You can help your child by making sure they have had a good night’s rest the night before and a healthy breakfast that morning.
Please mark your calendars now for the Back to School Night and First Aspen Family Night Dance. This great evening will be taking place on Thursday, September 5 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Teachers in grades 1-5 will present an overview of the school year in 2 identical sessions to allow for parents with more than one […]
This year, a fourth and fifth grade classroom at Aspen Elementary School participated in The Nora Project. The Nora Project’s Mission is to teach empathy by sparking friendships between students and their peers with disabilities.
Dear Parents,All Hawthorn elementary students have access to an online math program called Dreambox. We have created a summer math challenge for our students to participate in this summer! Please encourage your child to complete at least 5 lessons independently each week this summer and they will receive a certificate and prize at the beginning of the […]
Some of our 4th & 5th grade students that have been selected by their classmates will be sharing their special talent with us on Friday, May 31 at Aspen’s Got Talent. This favorite annual event will take place at 12:45 in our gym. Students from other grades will be in the audience enjoying the entertainment.
Our wonderful PTO room parents have been busy planning great end of the year parties for all of our students. The students are eagerly awaiting the celebration. Here are the locations and times for each grade level year end parties: Kindergarten – Wednesday, June 5 at 9:25 – on school grounds 1st grade – Thursday, […]
- Hawthorn Summer Music Camp 2018March 1, 2018 - 1:54 pm
- Hawthorn Hosts an Evening with the BoardJanuary 30, 2018 - 2:15 pm
- Aspen’s 11th Annual Family UniversityJanuary 30, 2018 - 7:36 am
- Maggie the Reading Dog Visits AspenJanuary 23, 2018 - 9:36 am
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:59 am
- Aspen Updates January 12, 2018January 11, 2018 - 1:16 pm
- Help Needed to Plan Staff AppreciationJanuary 8, 2018 - 8:52 am
- Aspen Updates December 15, 2017December 14, 2017 - 2:12 pm
- Spirit Fridays are coming soon to Aspen School!November 15, 2019 - 8:58 am
- Book Fair is Coming!November 15, 2019 - 8:43 am
- dhTrimester 2 here we come!November 14, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Skating with Grace and StyleNovember 13, 2019 - 2:26 pm
- Veterans Day – No SchoolNovember 6, 2019 - 1:37 pm
- Parents and Students Solve Problems TogetherNovember 6, 2019 - 10:23 am
- Halloween Room Parties were a hit!October 31, 2019 - 2:42 pm
- Choir Performs at ConcertOctober 31, 2019 - 2:36 pm