Twelve students throughout Hawthorn District 73 received the Most Improved Students Award at a recent Board of Education meeting. Former superintendent Dr. Joe Yomtoob and wife, Parichehr, honor students with the award for showing how they’ve made improvements in their life over the past three years. Click here to view the names of the award winners.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 289 entries.
Entries by admin
Residency verification for all Hawthorn families takes place in August. Parents of all students must provide required proof of residency documents at a new Residency Event at Middle School North, 201 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills. The event times follow: 12 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 5 12 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, August 6 8 a.m. […]
Eighteen Hawthorn School District 73 students in grades 4 through 8 will have their writing selections published in the Cook Memorial Public Library after their pieces were chosen from among 111 entries in the 2015 Creative Writing Contest. Winners were chosen based on creative, interesting entries. All of the winning entries will be published in […]
Hawthorn District 73 is pleased to announce that the Board of Education and the Hawthorn Education Association representing our teachers and educational support personnel have come to an agreement on a new three-year contract.
Girls in party dresses and boys sporting ties greeted hundreds of guests recently during the opening night of the Hawthorn School District 73 Art Show held at the Aspen Drive Library, 701 Aspen Dr., Vernon Hills. About 375 students in grades kindergarten through eighth were selected to showcase their media ranging from acrylic, tempera and […]
Hawthorn District 73 elementary schools collectively raised more than $40,000 for the American Heart Association in its annual Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser. Aspen Elementary School raised $19,600. Top student fundraisers from Aspen were third grader Sara Budziak who raised $1,085, third grader Brayden Dickstein who raised $750, and first grader Taylor Hurtt who raised […]
Students in Hawthorn School District 73 have been making all sorts of connections this year. Earlier this year, Aspen Elementary School introduced the concept of connections with the masterwork, The Golden Gate Bridge, and discussed how connections in children’s lives make them stronger. They discussed the importance of relying on one another. The nearly 600 […]
The Hawthorn Board of Education approved the 2015-16 school calendar pending state approval. The calendar outlines the first day of school, days off for major holidays, school breaks, as well as sets the last day of school. View the calendar here.
Saturday, February 7, 2015 from 9:00 a.m.-Noon (check-in at 8:45 a.m.) Parents of students starting at Aspen in the fall of 2015 are invited to register and attend the Parent Program, but the Children’s Program is only for CURRENTLY registered Aspen families. Please contact Nicole Carson or (847) 858-5602 if you have any questions. For […]
Aspen Family Night Bingo will be held Friday, February 20 from 6:30-8:00p.m. in Aspen School’s cafeteria. Please join us for a fun-filled evening! Look for registration fliers to go home soon. The AFPC needs many volunteers to make this night a success–please consider helping us in any of the following ways: (1) Pre-event Helper (help […]
- Aspen Updates October 20, 2017October 20, 2017 - 7:39 am
- Connect with HawthornSeptember 11, 2017 - 3:38 pm
- Unconfirmed Report About a Male Approaching StudentsSeptember 8, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Aspen Updates September 8, 2017September 7, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- Aspen Updates September 1, 2017August 31, 2017 - 3:51 pm
- Help Countryside Fire Protection District Win a GrantAugust 31, 2017 - 2:16 pm
- AFPC-Volunteers NeededAugust 30, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- AFPC Family DanceAugust 30, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Nora Friends Shine at Aspen AssemblyMay 21, 2019 - 11:16 am
- PTO School Supplies for 19/20 School YearMay 16, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Thank you, Volunteers!May 16, 2019 - 3:46 pm
- 3rd Grade is Going to the ZooMay 16, 2019 - 3:45 pm
- Band and Orchestra ConcertsMay 16, 2019 - 3:44 pm
- Field Day is Here!May 16, 2019 - 3:40 pm
- Students Design Their Own ShirtsMay 13, 2019 - 11:44 am
- Open House / Music Program InformationMay 9, 2019 - 2:20 pm