Tuesday, October 15 will be the day your student will be bringing home his/her mid-terms. Please check their backpacks for this informative report. All students (in grades 1-5) will be receiving a mid term report which gives information about work habits and learner characteristics. In years past, we’ve asked parents to sign off on an […]
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 82 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
Required health forms must be on file with the school nurse by October 15. Students not in compliance must be excluded from school until the proper health forms have been received.
We will be celebrating Columbus Day (or Indigenous People’s Day) AT SCHOOL. School will be in session on Monday, October 14.
Congratulations to Achyutha Shashikiran, Ali Newell, Rhea Nelson and Lila Viets for being chosen as finalists by Countryside Fire Department for their fire safety poster entries. The Fire Department framed the student’s artwork to take home and display. Great job!
Middle School North and Aspen Elementary are among a group of local schools whose flags will be flying in Antarctica next month. Air National Guard Chaplain (Lt. Col.) James Buckman, pastor at Faith Lutheran Church in Lake Forest, collected the flags this week. He and other Air Guard personnel will travel to Antarctica in late […]
Johnny Appleseed was the focus of Ms. Green’s first grade class at Aspen Elementary on Friday. They learned how he introduced apple trees to large parts of many states. They drew colorful pictures of this famous American pioneer.
The grass in the terrarium of Ms. Carson’s fourth-grade class was quickly outgrowing its environment. As students gathered around to watch, Ms. Carson opened the terrarium and gave the grass a “haircut.” She talked with her students about what grass needs to grow.
Our fourth grade students will be starting after school band and orchestra rehearsals on Tuesday, October 8. Please be sure your fourth grade band or orchestra student brings their instruments every Tuesday and Thursday from now on. They will be released from band at 2:55, and pick up will be in the back of Aspen […]
Friday, October 4, marks the middle of the first trimester. Mid-term reports will be out on Tuesday, October 15. More information about mid-term reports will be sent out in the coming days.
Wednesday, October 9, is a non attendance day. School will resume on Thursday, October 10.
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:59 am
- Donations Needed for Fall Conferences Staff DinnerNovember 13, 2017 - 11:17 am
- Join us For American Education WeekNovember 9, 2017 - 2:34 pm
- Cards for HeroesNovember 9, 2017 - 2:27 pm
- Aspen Updates November 10, 2017November 9, 2017 - 2:09 pm
- PTO Fall Book FairNovember 9, 2017 - 7:51 am
- Family Night A Huge Success!November 7, 2017 - 2:53 pm
- Halloween/FallFest ActivitiesNovember 2, 2017 - 3:10 pm
- Mid Term Reports Go HomeOctober 10, 2019 - 12:20 pm
- Health Deadline Is HereOctober 10, 2019 - 12:05 pm
- Columbus DayOctober 10, 2019 - 12:03 pm
- Fire Safety Poster WinnersOctober 10, 2019 - 11:57 am
- Aspen and Middle School North Flags to Fly in Antarctic...October 8, 2019 - 11:19 am
- Learning About Johnny AppleseedOctober 7, 2019 - 8:13 am
- Time to Trim the GrassOctober 3, 2019 - 2:38 pm
- Fourth Grade After School Band Rehearsal BeginsOctober 3, 2019 - 11:38 am