Teachers tested just how far cars made from scrap could travel during last week’s “Junk Car” competition coordinated by the Elementary South and Aspen Elementary Science Olympiad team. Michael from Mr. Viviano’s class and Nishita from Mrs. Wagner’s class were declared the winners. Both of their cars traveled more than 8 meters. Great job students.
About Lesli Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Lesli Piotrowski contributed a whooping 23 entries.
Entries by Lesli Piotrowski
More than 50 students participated in the Elementary South and Aspen Elementary Science Olympiad virtual event on Thursday. Students tested just how far their multi-piece flying glider devices could travel. The longest distance traveled was 15 meters! Great job students!
Teachers launched a variety of fun activities and projects in conjunction with Valentine’s Day. First grade hybrid students in the classes of Ms. Green, Mrs. Loiben and Mrs. Szoke at Aspen Elementary made adorable Valentine’s Day booklets for their families. Classes also held PTO-sponsored virtual parties packed with fun games and activities.
Students in Mrs. Williamson’s second grade class at Aspen Elementary learned all about the sun. In a video, Library Media Specialist Ms. Riley read them “The Sun Is Kind of a Big Deal.” Ms. Riley reads a new Monarch Award Nominee book each week. The students will get to vote for their favorite book in […]
Back by popular demand, the Hawthorn PTO is offering an encore Spirit Wear Sale that goes from now until Sunday, Nov. 22. For more information, visit this website. If you have questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to parents and community members, the food pantries at Hawthorn Elementary North and Aspen Elementary were brimming with fresh goods to hand out during Hawthorn District 73’s Student Supply Pick Up on October 29. Staff gave away numerous bags of groceries to families in need as they arrived in cars to pick up school […]
We look forward to seeing you at Band Orientation Night! This is an event for students and parents to attend together. At 7:00 pm click on the link for your student’s school. At 7:30 pm click on the link for your student’s instrument. You will need your instrument for the 7:30 meeting, but please do […]
The next Aspen Family Night is scheduled for Friday, April 3. This event will be hosted by the Multicultural Family Alliance and the theme is: Families Around the World – Your Passport through Food and Games. The Multicultural Family Alliance is looking for volunteers to host a game or a craft or bring in bite […]
Calling all parents of incoming kindergartners! An information night is planned for Tuesday, March 10 for all kindergarten parents and will be held at Elementary South at 7:00 p.m. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn all about the new kindergarten building and registration procedures. If you are interested in the School of Dual Language kindergarten […]
Tuesday, March 3 is the end of Trimester 2. Report cards will be posted on Thursday, March 12. The final Trimester of this school year begins on Wednesday, March 4. The last day of school is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 2.
- Experimenting with Mixed MediaSeptember 5, 2018 - 2:03 pm
- Open House / Music Program InformationApril 25, 2018 - 8:26 am
- Key to 73 Education Foundation Wants Your InputApril 19, 2018 - 1:20 pm
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Homemade Cars Are Put to the Test in Science Olympiad C...April 12, 2021 - 12:02 pm
- Students Test How Far a Paper Airplane Can FlyFebruary 16, 2021 - 10:36 am
- Valentine’s Day Activities Are a BlastFebruary 11, 2021 - 3:02 pm
- Students Learn All About the SunFebruary 10, 2021 - 9:54 am
- Encore Spirit Wear SaleNovember 18, 2020 - 10:45 am
- Community and Families Provide Unprecedented Donations to...November 4, 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 4th Grade Band & Orchestra Orientation Night –...October 8, 2020 - 9:42 am
- Open Enrollment for Optional Student InsuranceSeptember 11, 2020 - 7:55 am