Ms. Pogachnik’s fifth-grade class at Aspen Elementary had their second visit with their Nora Project friends on Thursday. The Nora Project aims to normalize difference, demystify disability and promote meaningful connections between students and their peers with disabilities.
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 51 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
All Aspen Elementary students received a treat today. Actors from Libertyville’s Improv Playhouse performed an adaptation of the classic tale “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” during an afternoon assembly. The actors brought the world of Narnia to life. The special event was in celebration of all the reading that Aspen students have been […]
This week, Aspen Elementary students were busily selecting books at the PTO Winter Book Fair to place on their wish lists. Aspen’s Book Fair this year is tied in with a fun dinosaur theme. Students can vote on their favorite dinosaurs during gym class. Each day, at least one contest takes place, culminating in the […]
On Valentine’s Day, second-grade students in the classrooms of Mrs. Williamson, Mrs. Saliba and Mrs. Caby were treated to fun learning experiences as they rotated to three different classrooms. In Mrs. Williamson’s room, they completed a science experiment to predict and observe whether candy hearts sank or floated in three different types of liquid. In […]
Elementary South and Aspen Elementary’s fourth and fifth grade band concert on Tuesday showed just how far students have come this year. They played beautifully.
On Wednesday, fifth-grade students in Mrs. Pogachnik’s class were introduced to four guest students from the middle schools as part of the Nora Project. They played games as a way to get to know each other better. It was great to see how well the students connected. Co-founded by an educator and the parents of […]
As part of the Nora Project, two Elementary South third-grade students visited fourth-grade students in Mrs. Chandler’s class at Aspen Elementary. The students got to know each other by playing games such as Bingo and Hedbanz. They also decorated frames. The Nora Project aims to normalize difference, demystify disability, and promote meaningful connections between students […]
Last week, Aspen fifth-grade orchestra students learned a new finger pattern. They picked it up right away and sounded great.
While the words were simple at first, they became harder as the fourth and fifth grade spelling bee at Aspen moved from round to round. The six contestants showed their strong spelling skills as the words became more complex. At first it seemed as though no one would ever misspell a word. But after an […]
Elementary South and Aspen Elementary fourth and fifth grade combined orchestra gave a concert last week. The students gave an awesome performance.
- Thanks to Our AFPC Volunteers!June 8, 2017 - 8:42 am
- Aspen Updates May 12, 2017May 11, 2017 - 9:05 am
- Most Improved Student AwardMay 9, 2017 - 5:16 pm
- Aspen Updates May 5, 2017May 5, 2017 - 7:31 am
- Update on Safety ConcernMay 4, 2017 - 3:38 pm
- D73 Families Register Now for Fall 2017May 2, 2017 - 10:16 am
- Registration Now Open for Families New to HawthornMay 2, 2017 - 10:13 am
- 13 Reasons WhyMay 2, 2017 - 9:56 am
- Nora Project Teaches Empathy and Builds FriendshipsMarch 22, 2019 - 10:45 am
- Change in Report Card distributionMarch 21, 2019 - 8:46 am
- Art Hildebrand band and orchestra festivalMarch 21, 2019 - 8:42 am
- IAR Replaces PARCCMarch 21, 2019 - 8:33 am
- Farewell Mr. McDonald!March 21, 2019 - 8:16 am
- Narnia Comes to AspenMarch 8, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- It’s Not Too Early to Register for Summer Programming...March 1, 2019 - 9:51 am
- PTO Book FairMarch 1, 2019 - 9:49 am