Children’s book author Faith Goldstein visited Aspen Elementary on Friday to read her book “Gorillas’ Night Out” to kindergarten, first, and second grade students. Her book tells the story of a group of gorillas who sneak out of a zoo and have a night on the town. The students asked plenty of good questions.
About Lesli Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Lesli Piotrowski contributed a whooping 19 entries.
Entries by Lesli Piotrowski
Our PTO room parents are busy planning amazing parties for our students to help them celebrate Valentine’s Day on Friday, February 14. Also, please remember that when students are preparing valentines for their classmates, no food, candy, or gum is to be included. We must stick with our “no food” policy to keep all students […]
Aspen has declared February as Random Acts of Kindness Month. We are encouraging all students to attempt to brighten someone else’s day by doing something kind for no specific reason at all. Every morning we are giving all students a kindness suggestion, or encouraging them to find a kind act of their own. Kindness matters! […]
Author and former kindergarten teacher, Faith Goldstein, will be speaking to all students at Aspen School on Friday, February 7. Mrs. Goldstein was interviewed on Good Day Chicago Weekend recently to talk about her new book, Gorillas’ Night Out, as well as to discuss the importance of reading in a child’s education. She will be […]
Students’ knowledge of world geography was tested at the National Geographic GeoBee competition at Aspen Elementary on Thursday. Six fourth and fifth grade students, who were finalists of geography bees in their classrooms, vied for first place. Following National Geographic’s guidebook, Mrs. Pogachnik asked tough questions relating to science, culture, environment, history and science about […]
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, January 20, there will be NO SCHOOL. Enjoy your day off!
We are in the midst of testing season right now, with MAP testing, ACCESS testing and Fastbridge testing. Parents can be a huge help in supporting their students by making sure students are getting a good night’s rest, eating a good, healthy breakfast in the mornings and also by sharing words of encouragement to do […]
Our 4th and 5th grade students will be participating in a Geography Bee on Thursday, January 23 at 12:45 p.m. in our cafeteria. The Geography Bee is sponsored by National Geographic and covers questions on geography, civilizations, cultures, physical features and more. The winner at our school, or the “school champion” would take a proctored […]
Special congratulations to Hope K., a 5th grader from Ms. Roth’s class for winning the Spelling Bee on Thursday, January 16 and for Laila M., a 4th grader in Mrs. Motley’s 4th grade for coming in as first runner up. They battled through 57 rounds of words before a winner was declared. Fantastic job, everyone!
- Thank youSeptember 5, 2018 - 9:04 am
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Aspen Updates March 21, 2018March 20, 2018 - 2:44 pm
- Apsen Updates March 16, 2018March 15, 2018 - 7:40 am
- Encore Spirit Wear SaleNovember 18, 2020 - 10:45 am
- Community and Families Provide Unprecedented Donations to...November 4, 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 4th Grade Band & Orchestra Orientation Night –...October 8, 2020 - 9:42 am
- Open Enrollment for Optional Student InsuranceSeptember 11, 2020 - 7:55 am
- Meals for FamiliesSeptember 10, 2020 - 7:46 pm
- 5th Grade BAND & ORCHESTRAAugust 31, 2020 - 11:50 am
- Next AFPC Family NightFebruary 27, 2020 - 3:38 pm
- Kindergarten Parent Information Night InformationFebruary 27, 2020 - 3:35 pm