It’s parent teacher time, and that means it’s time for Scholastic Book Fair! Our Scholastic Book Fair brings the books kids want to read right into our school. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits. We will be right inside the front doors and open for business during the conferences.
Believe it or not, Monday, November 18 marks the beginning of Trimester 2. That means report cards will be available to view very soon. More information about report cards will be shared soon.
Fourth grade students zipped around the gym with grace and style during the rollerskating unit in PE.
This is just a reminder that there will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Enjoy your day off by honoring a military veteran!
Ms. Pogachnik at Aspen Elementary invited parents to work with her fifth grade students at problem solving stations this morning. Parents and students enjoyed solving problems together.
Thank you to all our PTO parents who planned and participated in the Halloween parties on Thursday for our students. Everyone had a great time enjoying each other’s costumes and playing games.
Congratulations to Mrs. Luce and the Aspen Choir for performing in the “Hawthorn Sings Choir Concert” at Middle School South on Wednesday, October 30. They did an awesome job!
A special shout out goes to our PTO for bringing in an unbelievable spread of goodies for the staff to enjoy on Halloween morning. Thank you, Heidi Gutowski, for organizing this lovely treat.
If your child was absent on September 19 when ED Clark Photography came out to take school portraits, or if you didn’t like the pictures that were taken that day, picture retakes are scheduled for Wednesday, November 6. Picture order forms are available in the office if you need one.
Students in grades 2nd – 5th grade will begin rollerskating in PE classes on Monday, November 4. This fun activity is a favorite with our students. They will learn the basic rollerskating skills including forward & backward skating, cornering and stopping. A variety of other skating games and activities will also be offered. Every participating student must wear wrist guards, a helmet and socks. Students may bring in their own protective gear (be sure they are clearly marked with their name), but helmets & wrist guards will also be provided for those who do not bring them from home.
- Hawthorn Summer Music Camp 2018March 1, 2018 - 1:54 pm
- Hawthorn Hosts an Evening with the BoardJanuary 30, 2018 - 2:15 pm
- Aspen’s 11th Annual Family UniversityJanuary 30, 2018 - 7:36 am
- Maggie the Reading Dog Visits AspenJanuary 23, 2018 - 9:36 am
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:59 am
- Aspen Updates January 12, 2018January 11, 2018 - 1:16 pm
- Help Needed to Plan Staff AppreciationJanuary 8, 2018 - 8:52 am
- Aspen Updates December 15, 2017December 14, 2017 - 2:12 pm
- Spirit Fridays are coming soon to Aspen School!November 15, 2019 - 8:58 am
- Book Fair is Coming!November 15, 2019 - 8:43 am
- dhTrimester 2 here we come!November 14, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Skating with Grace and StyleNovember 13, 2019 - 2:26 pm
- Veterans Day – No SchoolNovember 6, 2019 - 1:37 pm
- Parents and Students Solve Problems TogetherNovember 6, 2019 - 10:23 am
- Halloween Room Parties were a hit!October 31, 2019 - 2:42 pm
- Choir Performs at ConcertOctober 31, 2019 - 2:36 pm