Thank you so much to all the students, families and staff members that have participated in our annual Giving Tree. Thanks to all of you, our families will be enjoying a great holiday with all their wishes fulfilled. Happy Holidays to our entire Aspen family!
Please remember to sign your report card envelope and send it back to school with your student.
Aspen students will be showing their school spirit by participating in the Holiday Break Countdown by wearing something different each day next week. See below for the Holiday Break Countdown:
- Monday, December 17 – Spread Holiday Cheer – wear your favorite holiday colors today
- Tuesday, December 18 – Do You Want to Build a Snowman? – Wear white or your favorite snowman shirt or sock to school
- Wednesday, December 19 – Holiday Spirit Day – Wear your favorite holiday shirt, hats, socks, jewelry, etc.
- Thursday, December 20 – Long Winter’s Nap – Wear your pajamas to school today
Check the website calendar for the full list of Aspen Spirit Days
There are 3 spots left for the FREE morning intramural program for our 4th & 5th grade students which will take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings starting January 8. Sign up before December 18 to get one of the last 3 spots!
Congratulations to Jonah Burton who won Aspen’s first Geography Bee. Jonah was up against 6 finalists and had the winning answer in the 5th round. Questions were based on US and World Geography. Jonah hopes to qualify for the regional Geography Bee later this winter. Way to go Jonah!
It was an exciting day at Aspen Elementary as six contestants competed to become the winner of the school’s fourth and fifth grade Geography Bee. With steady nerves, they answered some pretty tough questions. Congratulations to the winner, Jonah B., a student in Mr. Viviano’s class. He now has the opportunity to take an online test to see if he can qualify for the State National Geographic GeoBee.
Aspen’s Giving Tree is now up in our front lobby and full of mittens with gift wishes for families in our own school. If you can and would like to help, we invite you to come and take a mitten from the tree, purchase the item noted, and bring it back to school no later than December 17 unwrapped and we will get it to the appropriate family. Thank you, in advance, for helping our Aspen families to have a wonderful holiday season.
Congratulations to Ms. Green’s 1st grade class, Mrs. Niedbalski’s 3rd grade class and Mr. Viviano’s 5th grade class who were the Eagle Award winners for the month of November. These classes consistently demonstrated Aspen SOAR behaviors. Mr. Fredricksen and Regal the Eagle visited each class and presented each student with a certificate as well as a parent letter to take home. One of Regal’s eaglets will be housed in each classroom throughout the month. We are so proud of you
Monday, February 18, 2019 was scheduled to be a no school day, but due to the November 26 snow day, school WILL NOW BE IN SESSION on Monday, February 18, 2019. Please change your calendars!
Believe it or not summer school classes have been posted on the Hawthorn Enrichment Institute (HEI) web page (http://www.hawthorn73.org/summer-programs/hawthorn-enrichment-institute/). Check out all the classes being offered. Registration will begin on February 1, 2019.
- Kindergarten Bus RideApril 7, 2017 - 3:42 pm
- Education Foundation LaunchedMarch 19, 2017 - 1:22 pm
- Register Now for D73 Summer ClassesMarch 19, 2017 - 12:38 pm
- Aspen Art FairMarch 18, 2017 - 1:18 pm
- NESTMarch 16, 2017 - 10:42 am
- Meetings Set on Hawthorn School Construction PlansMarch 16, 2017 - 9:37 am
- PTO Invites You to Attend “Air: The Invisible Won...March 14, 2017 - 10:06 am
- Author Inspires ReadingMarch 7, 2017 - 7:24 pm
- Aspen Giving TreeDecember 14, 2018 - 11:03 am
- Report card envelopesDecember 14, 2018 - 11:02 am
- Spirit Days Holiday Break CountdownDecember 14, 2018 - 11:00 am
- Morning intramural programDecember 14, 2018 - 10:56 am
- Geography BeeDecember 14, 2018 - 10:51 am
- Aspen Holds a Geography BeeDecember 13, 2018 - 3:04 pm
- Giving tree in Aspen LobbyDecember 6, 2018 - 8:44 pm
- Eagle award winners announcedDecember 6, 2018 - 3:55 pm