As the end of the year approaches, Aspen students look forward to Field Day. This year, Field Day is scheduled for Friday, May 24. Our Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students will participate from 8:10 – 10:00. Our 4th and 5th grade students will participate from 11:50 – 1:50. All students will follow the normal lunch schedule and will still be able to order lunch as usual. If we have rain that day, students will still participate in a modified indoor Field Day. There will be no rain make up date. Please remember to have your child dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Gym shoes and gym socks must be worn. Also, students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle (PLEASE be sure to label your water bottle!!).
Kindergarten classes at Aspen Elementary painted shirts with characters from Eric Carle books last Friday. Eric Carle is the acclaimed creator of brilliantly illustrated picture books for young children.
Congratulations to all our students for their great musical performances on May 7 and May 9 at our Open House/Music program nights. Thank you to parents who came out and supported our students and visited the school.
The final MAP testing of the year will be taking place next week, from May 13 – May 17. You can help support your student by making sure they get a good night’s rest all week and also get a good, nourishing breakfast. Thanks for your support!
This year our Beautification Team has just completed a mural on the walls down the cafeteria hallway. Next time you are in the building, come and see the beautiful job they did.
Registration for next year is due on Friday, May 10. Failure to do so will result in your child being dropped from enrollment and your child will not be assigned a teacher or bus route until the registration is complete.
If you are NOT returning to Hawthorn in the fall, please do NOT register online, but contact the Aspen Office at 847-990-4311.
A very special thank you to our PTO for the FANTASTIC week of celebrating our teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week. We were treated with coffee and breakfast goodies, fresh flowers and flower grams, a delicious lunch, snack bags and incredible desserts. You have treated us like royalty! Thank you all for your donations of goods, money and your time. We appreciate YOU!
Field trip for Aspen’s 3rd grader to The Brookfield Zoo on Tuesday, May 21
Aspen/Elementary South Orchestra Concert – Tuesday, May 21
Aspen/Elementary South Band Concert – Wednesday, May 22
Aspen’s Got Talent – Friday, May 24
Our Kindergartners have been reading Eric Carle books for the last 4 weeks. They have enjoyed learning about all the different characters Eric Carle writes about. To celebrate and culminate this unit, on May 10 students will be able to choose any Eric Carle character that they heard about and paint that character on a tee shirt. This annual event is one of our Kindergarteners’ favorites
1st-5th graders will take part in the spring MAP test the week of May 13th. 5th grade students will be tested on Monday 5/13 and Wednesday 5/15. 1st-4th grade students will be tested on Tuesday 5/14 and Thursday 5/16. All 1st-5th grade students will take one reading and one mathematics assessment. Individual student results from Spring MAP will be shared with families at the end of the school year.
- ACE Student Talks about the TeamNovember 1, 2017 - 9:40 am
- Art Adventure Chairs NeededOctober 10, 2017 - 8:32 am
- Aspen Updates October 6, 2017October 5, 2017 - 3:46 pm
- Students Create Matisse-inspired Name DesignsOctober 3, 2017 - 3:51 pm
- Students Design Windproof Homes in STEM ProjectOctober 3, 2017 - 11:01 am
- Aspen Updates September 29, 2017September 28, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Brief AlertSeptember 27, 2017 - 11:12 am
- Parent Education TeamSeptember 20, 2017 - 8:20 am
- Students Honored at Fly Away CeremonyJune 7, 2019 - 11:11 am
- Hugs and More Hugs on Last Day of SchoolJune 7, 2019 - 10:05 am
- Aspen’s Got TalentMay 30, 2019 - 4:08 pm
- End of the year PTO partiesMay 30, 2019 - 4:05 pm
- Yearbooks Still AvailableMay 30, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Library Books are DueMay 30, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- Lost and FoundMay 30, 2019 - 3:40 pm
- Last Day of School – Fly away ceremonyMay 30, 2019 - 3:37 pm