Due to technical problems with the new NWEA MAP testing system, Hawthorn will not administer MAP tests to our students this fall. Please read here for more information.
|1. The Hawthorn Dial will be sent home soon! The Dial is a “must have” for every Hawthorn family. Parents have used the Dial to set up play dates with their child’s classmates, make birthday party lists, and call the schools. The Dial is free with every PTO membership! More information on joining the PTO can be found on the Join the PTO page. http://pto.hawthorn73.org/page.php?id=732_0_18_0
2. Target’s® “Take Charge of Education” program offers one of the easiest ways to raise money for our schools. If you have a Target Visa or Target REDcard, you can designate a Hawthorn School or the John Powers Center to receive a cash donation equal to 1% of purchases made at Target and 1/2% of purchases made everywhere else. Target also offers a 5% discount on your entire purchase every time you pay with one of their cards. Please visit the PTO website for more information. http://pto.hawthorn73.org/page.php?id=736_0_18_0
3. The Hawthorn PTO Discount Savings Cards are 50% off with amazing local vendors that will help you save money and will raise money for our schools! If you’re interested in purchasing a $5 card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspen Family Partnership will be hosting
Happy Halloween Event
Featuring the Movie Hotel Transylvania (Rated PG)
We will have popcorn and treats. Remember to bring your pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, water bottle …and your pajamas!
October 18, 2013
6:30 – 8 pm
$5 per family
Watch for announcements in backpacks the first week of October.
Please respond no later than October 10.
The PTO is busy bringing you great deals and wonderfully easy opportunities to earn money for our schools and our children. Please be sure to bookmark the PTO website for all the latest news and deals, currently including the Dial, Take Charge of Education with Target, and the ever popular PTO Discount Savings cards. New events happen throughout the year so check back often, and watch your child’s backpack for weekly news.
All families are invited to subscribe to the Aspen E-Mail Newsletter. You will find a link to the right (just below the School Info) that will get you an email every Friday, which will keep you up to date on the latest Aspen website news.
The Hawthorn Reorganization Committee has been organized and has met twice. During these first two meetings, the committee set meeting timetables and clarified the purpose of the group’s work.
As background, the Reorganization Committee was formed at the recommendation of the AYP Committee to the Board of Education. (More information about the work of the AYP Committee is available on the District website in the April archives.) While the unfortunate AYP situation in the state and our own district was the catalyst for the formation of this committee, it has been evident that it is not the only reason for the work being done.
In general, the Reorganization Committee’s work is to analyze the design of the district and work to align our resources to equitably meet the needs of all of our students.
The committee will be inviting public input through surveys and public meetings before a recommendation is made to the Board. Please watch for information about those opportunities in the coming weeks.
It was great to see so many parents at Back to School Night. If you were unable to attend you can see Mr. Fredricksen’s presentation here:
- Donations Needed for Fall Conferences Staff DinnerNovember 13, 2017 - 11:17 am
- Aspen ACE TeamOctober 26, 2017 - 3:40 pm
- Aspen’s All-Stars – Reading Team InfoOctober 26, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Socktober!October 26, 2017 - 3:28 pm
- Halloween/FallFest ActivitiesOctober 26, 2017 - 3:22 pm
- Red Ribbon WeekOctober 26, 2017 - 3:16 pm
- Empathy Is Recognized by PeersOctober 25, 2017 - 12:03 pm
- Aspen Updates October 20, 2017October 20, 2017 - 7:39 am
- Aspen ChorusSeptember 12, 2019 - 6:52 pm
- New Reading AdventuresSeptember 12, 2019 - 2:10 pm
- Welcome back!September 5, 2019 - 2:40 pm
- First Drill of the YearSeptember 5, 2019 - 2:39 pm
- Band & Orchestra Instrument TrialsSeptember 5, 2019 - 2:36 pm
- MAP TestingSeptember 5, 2019 - 2:34 pm
- Back to School Night and First Family EventSeptember 5, 2019 - 2:33 pm
- Reflecting on STEM ProjectsSeptember 4, 2019 - 11:57 am