https://as.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_4783.jpg 903 1404 admin https://as.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/as-logo-11.png admin2018-09-06 21:26:322018-09-06 21:28:00Off to a great start
- Mr. Fredricksen visited each classroom to give a presentation about the new SOAR program, which stands for Safe, On task, Act responsibly, and Respect. All Hawthorn Schools have adopted this program which clearly defines behavioral expectations at school. Our students worked with their teachers to develop the Above the Line Expectations to demonstrate safe, on task, responsible and respectful behaviors. If your child comes home with a SOAR single, it means they were praised for behaving appropriately at school.
- Our 4th graders were given a chance to try out different instruments to see if they would be interested in band or orchestra this year. 4th grade parents – please be aware that there is time sensitive information about band and orchestra in your child’s backpack. More information about band and orchestra will be coming out in the next weeks.
- The first after school full group rehearsal for our 5th graders for band and orchestra will be on Wednesday, September 12. Please be sure students bring their instruments with them on that day.
- Representatives from both the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts were here and visited all students during their lunch hour. Information was given out about how to join their groups.
- Our August birthday students celebrated together along with Mr. Fredricksen at the August
birthday breakfast. September’s birthday breakfast will be held on September 28.
- We have a couple holidays coming up which means there will be no school on those days.
Mark your calendars now – NO SCHOOL on September 10 and September 19.
- Thank you to all families who attended our Curriculum Night and First Family Night Dance. It
was a great success! Everyone had a great time learning about classroom and school expectations as well as dancing to the great music of Personalities, Inc.