If you have a 4th grader who is interested in joining either band or orchestra, they will be given a chance to try out different instruments during the school day next week. They can then decide if they want to make the commitment to join either band or orchestra. Also, a parent information night is scheduled for all 4th grade parents whose students are interested in joining band and orchestra on Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. at Townline school. (This meeting was originally scheduled for 9/12). This meeting will tell you what the expectations are should your child join band or orchestra.
Our band and orchestra students have been working hard preparing for their concerts on Tuesday, May 21 for orchestra and Wednesday, May 22 for band. Both concerts will be held in Aspen’s gym. Concerts begin at 7:00 p.m. Don’t miss it!
Our 4th and 5th grade band and orchestra students had the privilege of performing at the Art Hildebrand Festival last week. They were given great feedback by a panel of judges and did an excellent job!
The Aspen/Elementary South band concert was cancelled due to bad weather for the second time! Our students are still eager to perform for you and we have rescheduled the band concert for Tuesday, February 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the Aspen gym. You won’t want to miss this great night – it will be well worth the wait
4th grade band students can get their instruments at the 4th grade band orientation night at Middle School South from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
5th grade band and orchestra small group lessons (during the school day) begin on Monday, September 17. Check the lessons schedule that the band and orchestra teachers have posted on the website to see when your student has their small group lesson during the day. Don’t forget those instruments!
Las clases de banda y orquesta del 5to grado empiezan el lunes, 17 de septiembre (en horario escolar). Revise el itinerario de clases publicado en la página web por los maestros de la banda y la orquesta para corroborar cuando su hijo/a tiene clase de grupo pequeño. ¡No se olvide traer los instrumentos a clase!
Registration is now open for Hawthorn’s Summer Band and Orchestra Camp! This two-week camp will run from July 18th-29th. The camp meets at Middle School South from 8:30 until 2:00 Monday-Friday and is open to any Hawthorn student that has at least one year of experience performing in an instrumental music ensemble. For more information and to register, visit the camp webpage.
Mark your calendars! Hawthorn’s Summer Band and Orchestra camp will be accepting enrollment soon. To help you plan your summer, this two-week camp will run from July 18th-29th. The camp meets at Middle School South from 8:30 until 2:00 Monday-Friday and is open to any Hawthorn student that has at least one year of experience performing in an instrumental music ensemble. More information will be available soon!
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:59 am
- Donations Needed for Fall Conferences Staff DinnerNovember 13, 2017 - 11:17 am
- Join us For American Education WeekNovember 9, 2017 - 2:34 pm
- Cards for HeroesNovember 9, 2017 - 2:27 pm
- Aspen Updates November 10, 2017November 9, 2017 - 2:09 pm
- PTO Fall Book FairNovember 9, 2017 - 7:51 am
- Family Night A Huge Success!November 7, 2017 - 2:53 pm
- Halloween/FallFest ActivitiesNovember 2, 2017 - 3:10 pm
- Mid Term Reports Go HomeOctober 10, 2019 - 12:20 pm
- Health Deadline Is HereOctober 10, 2019 - 12:05 pm
- Columbus DayOctober 10, 2019 - 12:03 pm
- Fire Safety Poster WinnersOctober 10, 2019 - 11:57 am
- Aspen and Middle School North Flags to Fly in Antarctic...October 8, 2019 - 11:19 am
- Learning About Johnny AppleseedOctober 7, 2019 - 8:13 am
- Time to Trim the GrassOctober 3, 2019 - 2:38 pm
- Fourth Grade After School Band Rehearsal BeginsOctober 3, 2019 - 11:38 am