Congratulations to our band and orchestra students for putting on great concerts last week. The time you have spent practicing at home and rehearsing at school has paid off! Thank you to Mr. Fritz, our band director and Ms. Lee our orchestra director, for doing an amazing job teaching and leading our band and orchestra students.
Our band and orchestra students have been working hard preparing for their concerts on Tuesday, May 21 for orchestra and Wednesday, May 22 for band. Both concerts will be held in Aspen’s gym. Concerts begin at 7:00 p.m. Don’t miss it!
Our 4th and 5th grade band and orchestra students had the privilege of performing at the Art Hildebrand Festival last week. They were given great feedback by a panel of judges and did an excellent job!
5th grade orchestra small group lessons begin on Thursday, September 20 during the school day and 5th grade band small group lessons begin on Friday, September 21.
5th grade band and orchestra small group lessons (during the school day) begin on Monday, September 17. Check the lessons schedule that the band and orchestra teachers have posted on the website to see when your student has their small group lesson during the day. Don’t forget those instruments!
Las clases de banda y orquesta del 5to grado empiezan el lunes, 17 de septiembre (en horario escolar). Revise el itinerario de clases publicado en la página web por los maestros de la banda y la orquesta para corroborar cuando su hijo/a tiene clase de grupo pequeño. ¡No se olvide traer los instrumentos a clase!
Registration is now open for Hawthorn’s Summer Band and Orchestra Camp! This two-week camp will run from July 18th-29th. The camp meets at Middle School South from 8:30 until 2:00 Monday-Friday and is open to any Hawthorn student that has at least one year of experience performing in an instrumental music ensemble. For more information and to register, visit the camp webpage.
Mark your calendars! Hawthorn’s Summer Band and Orchestra camp will be accepting enrollment soon. To help you plan your summer, this two-week camp will run from July 18th-29th. The camp meets at Middle School South from 8:30 until 2:00 Monday-Friday and is open to any Hawthorn student that has at least one year of experience performing in an instrumental music ensemble. More information will be available soon!
- ACE Student Talks about the TeamNovember 1, 2017 - 9:40 am
- Art Adventure Chairs NeededOctober 10, 2017 - 8:32 am
- Aspen Updates October 6, 2017October 5, 2017 - 3:46 pm
- Students Create Matisse-inspired Name DesignsOctober 3, 2017 - 3:51 pm
- Students Design Windproof Homes in STEM ProjectOctober 3, 2017 - 11:01 am
- Aspen Updates September 29, 2017September 28, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Brief AlertSeptember 27, 2017 - 11:12 am
- Parent Education TeamSeptember 20, 2017 - 8:20 am
- Students Honored at Fly Away CeremonyJune 7, 2019 - 11:11 am
- Hugs and More Hugs on Last Day of SchoolJune 7, 2019 - 10:05 am
- Aspen’s Got TalentMay 30, 2019 - 4:08 pm
- End of the year PTO partiesMay 30, 2019 - 4:05 pm
- Yearbooks Still AvailableMay 30, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Library Books are DueMay 30, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- Lost and FoundMay 30, 2019 - 3:40 pm
- Last Day of School – Fly away ceremonyMay 30, 2019 - 3:37 pm