This school year Aspen Elementary has been working hard to achieve our 2 million at home minute reading goal. Aspen teachers and staff have asked students to track their at home reading minutes in an effort to increase student achievement and foster a love for learning and reading. We hope you enjoy our video!
Aspen students and staff will come together to introduce the school to our new reading goal. This year students will be challenged to read a combined 2,000,000 minutes. We are excited to introduce this reading initiative to all of our students. Throughout the course of the year we will be updating students on the number of total minutes we have read. As our number of minutes read increases, we will “travel” around the world. We will begin our reading journey in Vernon Hills and visit all of the continents. Students will be able to see the school’s progress on a large map that will be unveiled on Monday, September 21st. During our assembly on Friday afternoon students will learn more about the program and how they can help us reach our goal. Please click here for some more information from the Aspen Reading Team.
Here is the list of summer reading ideas for students. Please visit the public library over the summer and ask a librarian for help if you need more ideas for great books to read. Librarians love helping students find books to enjoy. Happy reading!
- Aspen Family Partnership Council (AFPC) 2016-2017 Event...August 26, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- AFPC Fall NewsOctober 6, 2016 - 7:50 am
- Health Forms DueOctober 6, 2016 - 5:18 pm
- Goal SettingOctober 6, 2016 - 11:08 pm
- A Parent’s Introduction to Special EducationOctober 11, 2016 - 7:38 am
- Informational Meeting on School Refusal and School Anxi...October 13, 2016 - 8:14 am
- Key to 73 Education Foundation Wants Your InputApril 19, 2018 - 1:20 pm
- Open House / Music Program InformationApril 18, 2018 - 1:26 pm
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Aspen Updates March 21, 2018March 20, 2018 - 2:44 pm