May 1, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This afternoon the district Resource Officer received a report that a white male driving a red car approached a student and offered a ride. There was no enticement or encouragement when the student refused. Please have a conversation about safety with your children. Vernon Hills Police Department has been alerted to the situation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 847-990-4215 or via email
Sincerely, Nick Brown Superintendent
1 de Mayo 2017
Queridos Padres y Guardianes,
Esta tarde, el Oficial de Recursos del distrito recibió un reporte de que un hombre blanco conduciendo un coche rojo se acercó a un estudiante y ofreció un paseo. No hubo estímulo ni cuando el estudiante se negó. Por favor, tenga una conversación sobre la seguridad con sus hijos sobre personas extraños. El Departamento de Policía de Vernon Hills ha sido alertado de la situación.
Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, por favor no dude en contactarme al 847-990-4215 o por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sinceramente, Nick Brown Superintendente
Dear Hawthorn Family:
This letter is to inform you that a Hawthorn contractor is scheduled to apply fertilizer and weed control to our district lawns on the afternoon of May 10, 2016. A projected backup date is scheduled for May 14, 2016, if needed. Sprayed areas will be posted, and people are encouraged to stay off of the areas for two hours after the application.
Hawthorn takes great care to ensure that we maintain the safest environment possible for our students and the entire community. Projects such as fertilizer application are scheduled during times when students are not present and school is not in session. Whenever possible, we use environmentally friendly “green” products.
Hawthorn School District #73 moved to an online notification request system, which is also explained in the Student/Parent Handbook, as well as on the District website, www.hawthorn73.org. If you are interested in receiving notification for the coming school year, please review the Handbook information and send your formal request along with your name and mailing address to email@example.com. You must submit yearly if you want to be included on the notification list.
District Facilities Manager 847.990.4475
Please download and review this letter from Superintendent Nick Brown on Parent Communication.
12/3/15 10:45AM: Hawthorn District 73 is under a soft lockdown due to information from the Mundelein Police department about suspicious activity in the area. Normal activities will occur within the buildings. However we will not allow individuals in or out of our buildings until the lockdown is lifted. We will update you when the status changes.
- Aspen Family Partnership Council (AFPC) 2016-2017 Event...August 26, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- AFPC Fall NewsOctober 6, 2016 - 7:50 am
- Health Forms DueOctober 6, 2016 - 5:18 pm
- Goal SettingOctober 6, 2016 - 11:08 pm
- A Parent’s Introduction to Special EducationOctober 11, 2016 - 7:38 am
- Informational Meeting on School Refusal and School Anxi...October 13, 2016 - 8:14 am
- Key to 73 Education Foundation Wants Your InputApril 19, 2018 - 1:20 pm
- Open House / Music Program InformationApril 18, 2018 - 1:26 pm
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Aspen Updates March 21, 2018March 20, 2018 - 2:44 pm