Parents – Every student has been given a Bus Responsibility Pledge to read and sign. Parents are asked to read and sign it, too. This is for ALL students – even those that do not take a bus daily, but because there could be occasions when students will be taking a bus for a field trip, it is important for everyone to know and understand the bus rules. Our top priority is keeping our students safe!
Hawthorn District 73 was informed recently of a bus safety concern regarding the railroad crossing on Butterfield Road south of Illinois Route 60.
By law, school buses must stop at all railroad crossings, then the driver must open the door and get a visual of the tracks to be sure the tracks are clear of any trains. This particular railroad crossing is located close to a curve in the tracks and bus drivers must creep forward to visually view the tracks. Bus drivers can do this without being on the tracks but it is not an ideal situation. Hawthorn District 73 is committed to the safety of all our students and is working with the Village of Vernon Hills, our police resource officer, and our busing company, Lakeside Transportation in reevaluating this crossing.
Hawthorn Superintendent of Schools
- ACE Student Talks about the TeamNovember 1, 2017 - 9:40 am
- Art Adventure Chairs NeededOctober 10, 2017 - 8:32 am
- Aspen Updates October 6, 2017October 5, 2017 - 3:46 pm
- Students Create Matisse-inspired Name DesignsOctober 3, 2017 - 3:51 pm
- Students Design Windproof Homes in STEM ProjectOctober 3, 2017 - 11:01 am
- Aspen Updates September 29, 2017September 28, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Brief AlertSeptember 27, 2017 - 11:12 am
- Parent Education TeamSeptember 20, 2017 - 8:20 am
- DreamBox AccessJune 26, 2019 - 4:10 pm
- Students Honored at Fly Away CeremonyJune 7, 2019 - 11:11 am
- Hugs and More Hugs on Last Day of SchoolJune 7, 2019 - 10:05 am
- Aspen’s Got TalentMay 30, 2019 - 4:08 pm
- End of the year PTO partiesMay 30, 2019 - 4:05 pm
- Yearbooks Still AvailableMay 30, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Library Books are DueMay 30, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- Lost and FoundMay 30, 2019 - 3:40 pm