Parents – Every student has been given a Bus Responsibility Pledge to read and sign. Parents are asked to read and sign it, too. This is for ALL students – even those that do not take a bus daily, but because there could be occasions when students will be taking a bus for a field trip, it is important for everyone to know and understand the bus rules. Our top priority is keeping our students safe!
Hawthorn District 73 was informed recently of a bus safety concern regarding the railroad crossing on Butterfield Road south of Illinois Route 60.
By law, school buses must stop at all railroad crossings, then the driver must open the door and get a visual of the tracks to be sure the tracks are clear of any trains. This particular railroad crossing is located close to a curve in the tracks and bus drivers must creep forward to visually view the tracks. Bus drivers can do this without being on the tracks but it is not an ideal situation. Hawthorn District 73 is committed to the safety of all our students and is working with the Village of Vernon Hills, our police resource officer, and our busing company, Lakeside Transportation in reevaluating this crossing.
Hawthorn Superintendent of Schools
- Fourth Graders Support VHGive InitiativeMay 24, 2017 - 7:50 am
- Students Help Feed Starving ChildrenMay 1, 2017 - 1:12 pm
- 2017 Creative Writing Contest WinnersMay 1, 2017 - 12:33 pm
- Students Can Show Teachers How Much They are Appreciate...April 27, 2017 - 2:36 pm
- Water FiltrationApril 24, 2017 - 3:19 pm
- Aspen Musical ProgramsApril 21, 2017 - 7:40 am
- Important Information for Bus Riders from Westwood Neig...April 20, 2017 - 1:08 pm
- PTO Staff Appreciation WeekApril 20, 2017 - 11:06 am
- Valentine’s Day Provides Fun Learning ExperiencesFebruary 15, 2019 - 2:30 pm
- Rescheduled bad weather make up daysFebruary 13, 2019 - 11:55 am
- Parent / Teacher ConferencesFebruary 13, 2019 - 11:52 am
- 2nd grade students to visit the Allstate ArenaFebruary 13, 2019 - 11:49 am
- PTO Book FairFebruary 13, 2019 - 11:47 am
- PTO Valentines parties were a hit!February 13, 2019 - 11:44 am
- Thank you for donating to PADSFebruary 13, 2019 - 11:43 am
- Students Give Stellar PerformanceFebruary 13, 2019 - 8:41 am