Parents – Every student has been given a Bus Responsibility Pledge to read and sign. Parents are asked to read and sign it, too. This is for ALL students – even those that do not take a bus daily, but because there could be occasions when students will be taking a bus for a field trip, it is important for everyone to know and understand the bus rules. Our top priority is keeping our students safe!
Hawthorn District 73 was informed recently of a bus safety concern regarding the railroad crossing on Butterfield Road south of Illinois Route 60.
By law, school buses must stop at all railroad crossings, then the driver must open the door and get a visual of the tracks to be sure the tracks are clear of any trains. This particular railroad crossing is located close to a curve in the tracks and bus drivers must creep forward to visually view the tracks. Bus drivers can do this without being on the tracks but it is not an ideal situation. Hawthorn District 73 is committed to the safety of all our students and is working with the Village of Vernon Hills, our police resource officer, and our busing company, Lakeside Transportation in reevaluating this crossing.
Hawthorn Superintendent of Schools
- Thank youSeptember 5, 2018 - 9:04 am
- Aspen Updates April 13, 2018April 12, 2018 - 2:02 pm
- PTO Family Fun & Fitness Night FundraiserApril 12, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Apsen Updates April 6, 2018April 5, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Staff Appreciation ContributionsApril 5, 2018 - 3:16 pm
- District 73 Schedules Community Engagement MeetingsMarch 21, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Aspen Updates March 21, 2018March 20, 2018 - 2:44 pm
- Apsen Updates March 16, 2018March 15, 2018 - 7:40 am
- Encore Spirit Wear SaleNovember 18, 2020 - 10:45 am
- Learning Options FormNovember 17, 2020 - 3:36 pm
- Community and Families Provide Unprecedented Donations to...November 4, 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 4th Grade Band & Orchestra Orientation Night –...October 8, 2020 - 9:42 am
- Open Enrollment for Optional Student InsuranceSeptember 11, 2020 - 7:55 am
- Meals for FamiliesSeptember 10, 2020 - 7:46 pm
- 5th Grade BAND & ORCHESTRAAugust 31, 2020 - 11:50 am
- Next AFPC Family NightFebruary 27, 2020 - 3:38 pm